Surgical Neurophysiologist Certification – Program Features
Completion of the CEN Surgical Neurophysiology program will provide the education and training necessary to make you marketable for a career with neuromonitoring companies throughout the United States. Program features include:
- One on-site classroom module with in-depth equipment instruction and data interpretation.
- Six (6) online learning modules beginning with an introduction to Neurophysiology and culminating in operating room application.
- Formalized Practicum:
- Onsite monitoring with senior clinicians in the OR to gain exposure to using IONM modalities and techniques during varied surgeries.
- Processes and intricacies of remote monitoring and supervision.
- Interning experience monitoring cases with direct and limited supervision
Prerequisites for Surgical Neurophysiology Program
We understand that your ultimate goal is to find a satisfying, growth-oriented position. If you have the following experience, enjoy working with people, are technology savvy and like the idea of a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to complete an application to the CEN Surgical Neurophysiology program.
A Bachelors or Masters Degrees in a Science Related fields such as Biology, Health Sciences, Computer Science and Engineering provide a natural progression towards a successful career in IONM. Experience in Operating Room healthcare careers, nursing as well as other operating room and nursing healthcare positions also provides a good background for IONM.